Friday, March 18, 2011

What's The Opposite of Green?

Have you heard about these families that decide to "go green" for a year or so? They stop driving their cars, attempt to not use any kind of fuel for anything, grow their own veg, and maybe, I don't know, wear dirty clothes every day? Anyway, I have been thinking. Instead of "going green" for a year, I might just try going the opposite of green for a month. Like a vacation from giving a shit about the planet. This would take a lot of pressure off of me, I think. Here's what I plan to do:

Use paper for everything: paper plates, plastic forks, everything disposable. Lots of trash, no dishes to wash or put away.

My daughter and I would wear just a few outfits that will get washed all the time.

Showers twice a day.

Cleaning the house with the most powerful, harshest chemicals I can find (I'll need help on this one -- I don't know anything about the products that will actually work on soap scum, pit stains, and odor. Except Rachel told me that Fabreeze actually works!)

After a long, long, cold winter, using a lot of Miracle Gro on whatever I plant. Yes, I will still plant flowers and vegetables. And I will buy a lot of them too.

Dinner: hot dogs, instant meals, microwave popcorn.

Actually, this is sounding like a really bad idea.

1 comment:

  1. although horribly wasteful it does take a lot of pressure off of you and the family.

    ReplyDelete