Tuesday, May 11, 2010




Success again! I made another tortilla de patata with mushrooms and asparagus. Not as uniform in shape or texture, but still a very nice one-dish meal for dinner. I love tortilla de patata! You really should try it.

What to do with all the dill in my garden? I saw a recipe on New Scand Cook that was one of Julia Child's when she lived in Norway. I tried it out with frozen tilapia from CostCo, and it worked wonderfully. If you are not brave about raw fish, this is not for you. It took a lot of guts to eat it, but it was delicious!

Cured Fish -- a type of Gravlax:

Cut fish however you like, I like chunks as in ceviche.
Toss with equal parts sugar and salt, and dried dill. Drizzle a few drops of rice wine over it, to get the curing started.
Marinade for 30 minutes.
Add LOTS of fresh dill.
Eat with crackers or just a fork!

I tried a similar thing with already-cured smoked salmon (lox) and it was not so good. Lox really needs no additions.

Tonight I am going to try mu shu pork for the first time. Good Luck, Jocinda!

P.S. I don't know how to post photos in the right order.

2 comments:

  1. I have trouble with photo posting, too. I think it is a blogger problem, not us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you enjoy so much our Tortilla. You can really try to put in any thing. It is also very nice with some pepper (green or red) very small cutted and deep oil frited.
    You can also include some jam or chorizo (if you can get it there)
    But the best is to improve.....

    ReplyDelete