Friday, May 7, 2010

The Great Thing and The Neat Thing






News! I made Tortilla de Patata alla Carmen de las Casas, and it was great! The family devoured it (i.e. no leftovers). I was really surprised at how easy it was for me to flip the tortilla. Success!

In other news, I have been reading a lot about cooking and family. Hungry Monkey is particularly interesting. The great thing is that there is so much out there on the Internet to eat up (no pun intended). And the neat thing is that there are a lot of people out there who share the same values as me, as us. I mean, there's a lot to celebrate about humanity.

For example, Orangette reports on how happy she is to have her grandma's recipe box. I can totally relate to that. She goes on to describe the notes grandma kept, dated notes listing the menus she served at specific dinner parties, and who attended. To me, this is a truly fantastic treasure. And it's cool to know there are others out there who share this love of the little things, the little records that people keep of their day-to-day lives.

In even more news (well, not really news, but just something to share), Ariel and I made cookies today, and as the forgetful woman that I am I forgot to push up her sleeves when she packed the brown sugar, and I forgot to grease the cookie sheet.

Yesterday, I got out of the shower and forgot if I washed my hair. I love being me!

1 comment: