Friday, September 3, 2010

Cutting Fruit is About All I Can Muster Up







Folks, I have been really struggling with keeping my interest in cooking. It feels very tedious a lot of the time. And when I do get inspired to make a new dish, well, it doesn't seem to turn out right. I am not zenning it.

(Note: "zenning it" is to be in zen. Zenning it is absolutely essential for, say, grilling a steak. Zenning it really makes food turn out well. And if you don't have it, well, you don't have it.)

It's just been so hot. I don't really want to sweat while working in the kitchen, or to faint and hit my head on the granite island. Ouch! So, I have been rather lame and neglectful of this very important part of my life and my identity. Oh, well!

I am, however, making a better effort at taking pictures. Today I display for you some recent results. Also see my friend Jeanette's picture of cute bento rice balls, which she made for her child's entire classroom. Wha?!

1 comment:

  1. Number one, cutting fruit is cooking. Number two, those are the cutest rice balls I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete