Friday, June 11, 2010

Spring Harvest





The cucumbers are never ready when the dill is, but the strawberries are! For a couple of spring harvests I have been wondering if a strawberry-dill sauce would be good. Guess what? It is!

STRAWBERRY DILL SAUCE
Use for fish, I think. I don't know yet; I just made it.

Blend strawberries, dill, lemon juice, and sugar in a blender. Taste.
Add garlic chives to taste.

Really good chefs (for fancy restaurants) have "laboratories" in which they experiment with ingredients. They put all sorts of items on the counters, rub them between the fingers, smell and taste them, and then try to make new and interesting combinations, that, of course, must also taste good. If I had any time to mess around this way, I would be messing around with:

strawberries
sage
winter savory
summer savory
chives
nasturtium
radishes
beet greens
dandelion greens
parsley
tarragon

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment