Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Potty Mouth Mom






One of the things I love about blogging is that I can cradle the notion that anyone cares what I think. The internet does wonders for the ego. I do want to apologize for my language on my last post. I had been on vacation for a week, and I let my hair down, swearing whenever I felt like it, even in front of my daughter. This habit is hard to break. But I am trying to clean up my potty mouth. I love to swear, but it's not cute on a baby. Wait -- I take that back. Have you seen this video?

Vacation on the island of Cozumel is truly a wonderful thing. Everyone should go on vacation once a year, wherever your happy place is. The biggest decision I had to make each day was which bathing suit to wear. I accomplished nothing, except a tan without burning. Ariel didn't get sick, except once when she barfed up a bunch of Burger King french fries. (Please don't ask me how come we got Burger King -- it's a long and sad story.) You CAN ask me where and when the barf went down -- it's a hilarious story! (Oh, woops. My DH probably won't appreciate that. Sorry, husb!)

Chinese New Year is Sunday, and I am preparing for that. A feast that shall include dumplings, steamed buns, tea eggs, and pork noodles. But mostly it is mental preparation. Our regular new year on January 1st doesn't do much for me. I need a month to get into it. Two weeks from today is the anniversary of Ariel's adoption. Two weeks after that is the day we brought her home. March 5th is my official New Year, when I started this new life of motherhood. I'm feeling it. I am feeling it, baby. This is my New Year starting Sunday, Feb 15 through March 5th.

And I do not resolve to clean up my language too much.

2 comments:

  1. No perfection expected, Jo:-) I looove the pics BTW - so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I undesrtand you very well: my New Year begins on 20th april, the day I have my daughter for first time on my arms and kissed her.
    What a beautiful anniversary!!!!

    ReplyDelete