Thursday, February 4, 2010

Ketchup is a Vegetable


Our esteemed president, Ronald Reagan, served two terms while I was growing up. He declared ketchup a vegetable, in order to make school lunches cheaper. Gone with healthy meals for children in public schools! Jesus Christ almighty, is this shit for real? I don't even believe in Jesus, but OMG, this shit is for real!

Today Ariel had a hot dog for lunch (back off all you health-nut mothers or wannabe parents who think you know what's best for everyone else!) She asked me for ketchup, and with her young speech I thought she was saying, "shut up" (which was weird to me because we don't say shut up in our home). So I gave her a boatload of ketchup, she ate her hotdog, and licked the ketchup off the bun. It was hilarious! Ketchup TOTALLY IS a vegetable. For the love of ketchup!

Oh, and BTW, catsup may possibly be a Chinese word, meaning tomato sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment